Friday, March 13, 2009

My whole family is adopted

My whole family must be adopted. We have nothing in common.

We had to do some grocery shopping, and Conni hadn't decided on dinner, so I suggested that we could have some family fun time while shopping. We would go to the best grocery store in the world (Wegmans), and I told everyone they could spend $5.00 on whatever they wanted for dinner while we shopped. We would then come home and cook it. My meal (some things were already in the fridge):

  • Parmesan Peppercorn baguette with a little smoked cheddar, some leftover Swiss and the last inch of a pepperoni
  • Plum tomatoes with baby mozzarella, in Italian dressing
  • Blood Orange Soda
Plus, while shopping, 1 Gorgonzola stuffed olive, and 1 blue-cheese stuffed olive, from the olive bar.

Now for the disappointing part:

Conni-Slice of cheese Pizza
CJay-Chicken Noodle soup
Conner-Salt Bagel
Gavin-Cheese Pizza

Seriously, where is the joy in that?

3 comments:

Nicole said...

This is so funny I laughed out loud. It reminds me a little of the times that Craig and I have carefully crafted meals we craved when we were kids (homemade mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, broccoli with home-made cheddar sauce) and watch as Omi picks over it, drinks a glass of milk, and announces she is done. We shake our heads in disbelief.

Matt "Hacksaw" said...

I am digging that olive bar. At least you are a Harrison Karl, but you can't really go wrong with pizza either . . .

Conni said...

The boys and I voted and we think Karl is the adopted one.