Monday, March 23, 2009

Most Exciting Trip EVER

I had to fly to NYC to discuss some ongoing litigation with a group of lawyers at the Time Warner building on Friday. To get there at 9am, I woke at 4:45, went to the airport, and waited until my flight was delayed. Then, I was moved to another plane, which sat on the runway until 10:30, because of snow in New York (check it out, it really did snow). At this point, I finished my reading material for the trip, and started contemplating an eReader, maybe a Kindle2, because being stuck on the tarmac with nothing to read really, really sucks.

The landing was okay, but I think we might have blown a tire when the pilot locked the wheels. I guess La Guardia has a short runway.

I was very grateful to see the driver at the baggage area, because we were so late. I had dutifully informed my hosts of the flight change, and I was glad to see they had changed the arrangements to meet my schedule.

I arrived at the building at 12 sharp, and initially couldn't get into the conference room because everyone was out to lunch. We plowed through a day's work in half a day, then back to the airport, after a stop at a bar in the building (yes, at that point I was pretty tempted). No further travel mishaps, and I got back to the house at 10PM. Total things seen on my trip:

2 airports
2 cars
1 building

Oh well, at least I got a key lime eclair.

1 comment:

Matt "Hacksaw" said...

Your an iron travelin' man, Karl. Runs in the family.