Monday, December 13, 2010

Day Six

Dad slept until after noon again today. Daniel came in early in the morning to do his maitanence work. Mom stayed over to be with me and do get some help with geneology from Nat. It was a pretty good night. I had all 3 dogs in bed with me...haha.
Nat went to church at 9AM and I stayed home to watch Dad. I could have gone to church with Karl's parents but wasn't prepared for it. I will have to go next week if I am still here. As much as I dislike having a set schedule, it sure stinks not to have one now. I kind of feel lost and I really miss Karl and the boys.
Dad didn't eat much again for lunch and I had to give him morphine at 3:15 for his congestion. He'd rather be asleep because he can't breathe very well. It makes me so sad.
I was invited to go to dinner at Karl's parents house at 4:45. Mom left at the same time and I let her take Zoe home for the night. Morley loves her and it was nice not to worry about her being at Nat's. I'm starting to feel like I am imposing even though she says I'm not.
I got to the Harrisons a little late after getting Zoe off and Gavin up from his nap. Nat let me take her car over, it is nice to drive. The Nuttalls, the Merrells, Tanya's brother, Kevin, his son and daughter were all there to eat dinner before Kevin got on a plane back to Washington state. The dinner was excellent, Tanya is a great cook! I ate a ton, I must have been hungry. When dinner was over Kevin left to catch a plane and his children left.
A short time later it was the Harrison family monthly FHE with Grandma and Grandpa Harrison and all 6 boys and their various family members. The place was packed and many of them expressed their love and concern for what I am going through. I really lucked out with joining such a wonderful family. I love them all SO much! We had a great lesson and brownies for a treat afterwards. I then asked Tanya to take a picture of Gavin and I with G & G Harrison. She has gotten a little dementia and I never know if I will get to see her again alive. I guess death is on my brain these days, go figure. One thing I've learned this week is that I will take opportunities now that I probably wouldn't before.
I asked Karl's Dad and brother to give me a blessing before leaving. It was so comforting and such a sweet experience to share with them. I feel like I just can't get enough blessings to help me through this. We left right after that. I felt anxious to get home to check on Dad. I don't want to miss anything with him.

No comments: