Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Another Birthday?

Yes, November is a very busy month for us when it comes to family milestones. Karl and I celebrated our 8th anniversary on the 10th, Gavin's birthday was last Friday and Karl's birthday is today.
We've had a great time spending the day together as a family. Karl and I got to sleep in a little, which was much appreciated. We went to IHOP in Leesburg and drove through town looking at the homes for sale. We were just pre-approved for a home loan yesterday and we are so excited to get going on the search! At noon it was finally time for some birthday shopping. This year Karl insisted on getting presents that were geared towards the family. (that is how wonderful he is) So "he" got a new digital camera, 2 copies of the Lich King and some CD's. I'm also in the process of making him a birthday pie.
I got a little scared today when we stopped for some fountain drinks at Burger King and I surprised Karl by blowing the wrapper off my straw right into his face and it hit just below his eye. Normally this is a trick of Karl's so I got him really good with his own medicine. As I was profusely apologizing and laughing (quietly on the inside) he said, "I am crying tears of blood and you are laughing at me and haven't even said you're sorry." Then...here's the part that was scary...he told me that he was going to "tell" on me by blogging about it. I knew at that moment that our blog was our virtual parents.
On a serious note, I want to publicly wish him a very Happy Birthday and let him know how much he is loved and appreciated at home. He is so many things and we are so lucky to have him as our dad/husband!


Thanksgiving is tomorrow and we have so much to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Yay! Happy birthday and congrats on 8 years. I'm so glad you are blogging...

Matt "Hacksaw" said...

I guess that means we'll be seeing a lot of pictures . . .