Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What a man, what a mighty good man!!

I'm sure you all know this, especially Karl's siblings, but I wanted to share with you just how wonderful I think my husband is.

We went to bed last night and I wasn't feeling well. I had a doctor's appointment at 9AM scheduled for this morning in downtown D.C. and I was not looking forward to it...not to mention I wasn't completely prepared with my insurance calculations. I slept horrible and woke up feeling worse than I did last night. Karl had originally taken the day off to cover watching our kids and the little boy I babysit for the morning. I ended up canceling the appointment and sleeping on the couch most of the day while Karl:

watched the kids during the day
made breakfast and lunch
got Conner off to school
did my daily chores, which included; vacuuming the house, sweeping/mopping the kitchen, laundry and cleaning 2 bathrooms
took CJay to school to meet with his teacher in my place
picked up dinner from Ruby Tuesdays and
watched our kids again so I could attend Enrichment

He is a wonder! Thank you so much to my father and mother-in-law for raising such a fine husband. Thank you, thank you, thank you Karl for treating me like a queen. I feel so lucky to have you in my life!

3 comments:

Karl said...

What I was trying to do was to finish all of her work early, then ask if now was the time to sit on the couch with Oprah and a box of bon-bons. Unfortunately for my plans, Conni's work took up the whole day, and I didn't finish her task list!

Matt "Hacksaw" said...

This might surprise you Conni, but when I was sick growing up, Karl just mostly ignored me. Sometimes he made fun of me though and called me a faker. It's true, Harrison's loved to fake sick.

Karl said...

In my defense, I didn't just ignore you when you were sick.