Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Help! We have a teenager in the house.

CJay's birthday was today and he got one of his wishes...no school! School was canceled due to "inclement weather". We got 7-8 inches of snow today and I think the county will be shut down until Monday. He received money and a model airplane from Timm, Andrea and her mother. We gave him a set of knives Karl picked up on steep and cheap last month. They are called "kiss" and "peck"...I know, strange names for knives. Conner gave him a world of warcraft mount and Gavin gave him an itunes gift card. His BIG present from us was a trip with Karl to the Higgins museum in Massachusetts. I think they will have a great time and we hope CJay likes it. I think he had a good birthday and is happy about it. I can't believe he is growing up so fast. Time does fly the older you get. The last year milestone I looked forward to was 25 when I could rent a rental car and my insurance rates dropped...that was 8 years ago!
So, we are taking suggestions on how to proceed with raising a teenager. Any tips will help...anything I'm serious!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

i donno, i am at the pretentious age where i "hate teenagers"
(but not CJay, never CJay!)