Friday, June 26, 2009

Finally sain enough to post






So, It's been like 2 months since my last post and I am feeling pretty positive about how long I've stayed on the "non-blogging" wagon. Seriously...

We had a REALLY stressful month of May waiting for the house to close. My mom came and went, my sister came and went...4 days later we finally got the keys to the house. Yeah!! (I'll let Karl timeline our home buying experience)

It's been a week and a half and we've started the transformation. Last week we started moving boxes in. This week we spent Monday night weeding the front/side yard and planting flowers. Tuesday we had the sump pump system replaced, fios installed and the new washer/dryer and fridge delivered. Tomorrow we're having drywall work done and then I can start painting! I am excited and a lot overwhelmed at the painting that needs to be done. I think it will definitely complete the house for us.

The kids are happy to be on summer vacation. It's only been 5 days and I'm ready for MY summer vacation away from them! CJay is preparing to leave for Salt Lake City on Monday for 3 1/2 weeks and I am not looking forward to him being away. I know he will have a great time though and that's what matters most. Conner is asking to take swimming lessons along with his weekly fencing lessons with Karl and CJay. Gavin is getting into everything and he's quite a bit OCD. He is the neatest little boy I've seen. I am really enjoying being home with him. I think I missed a lot of CJay and Conner's childhood when I worked.

2 comments:

Matt "Hacksaw" said...

The house looks great! I really like the fireplaces. Good luck with the painting.

Jodi said...

Cute house!! Is there any way I can delay your move?! I'm not sure I'm ready to let your family leave us!! I know you'll still be in the same stake, but not the same ward!!!:(