Monday, June 29, 2009

All about Gavin

There are a few things you should know before you continue to the main thrust of this anecdote. First, I am eating a piece of Key Lime pie as I write, before I dive into the woods for 4 days tomorrow. Guilt free pie tastes GREAT!

Second, Gavin has an unhealthy obsession with cars. He gets really excited to see cars and trucks on the road, and gets upset when cars are damaged on television. He was beside himself, totally upset at a trailer for Transformers when Bumblebee transformed from a car into his anthropomorphic form.

Today was Gavin's first trip to Sears, and he went crazy. I had to go pick up a filter for our shop vac, and we entered Sears in the tool department. Gavin took off like a shot, and all I saw was Conni trying to keep up, as he literally ran from the saws to the lawnmowers, touching and laughing at everything he could see.

I wish I had a camcorder, so that you could see for yourself this little redhead with a smile bigger than his face, touching and pushing and running as fast as his stubby legs could carry him from shiny tool to fascinating object. I thought I liked tools, but I was completely outclassed.

He didn't want to leave, and he loves riding in the car more than anything. I guess I should make that "he loved riding in the car more than anything". When at the door, Conni and I said, "Let's go, Gavin, to the car." he said, "No" and ran back into the tools section, all legs and arms and red hair. I swear, he was not that excited on Christmas morning.

Also, he threw a box of nails for a nail gun. The box had to weigh 5 pounds, and he had this enormous grin, which said "This place is WONDERFUL". I had to run to the end of the aisle to stop him from throwing a second box. That kid will be the death of my tool box, I just know it.

1 comment:

Matt "Hacksaw" said...

A boy after his father's heart. Maybe a picture would remind us about that red hair.